Mar 13, 2012

McDonald's Canada: Switching Healthy Choices to Even Worse

I'm pleased to say I don't go to McDonald's nearly as much as I used to. It's more of an emergency that gets us there now rather than the thought that pleasure would be gained by eating their food.

I was out shopping with my daughter yesterday and we needed some lunch to keep going. I pulled into McDonald's and tried to order one of the very few healthy things on their menu: the chicken fajita, weighing in under 10 grams of fat each.

Well, I was told they are discontinued. A year ago they introduced 800 calorie Angus burgers (50% worse than the gold standard of bad food, the Big Mac.)

Needless to say, McDonald's is not committed to serving healthier foods. In fact, it's quite the opposite. They are concocting even worse foods to get us hooked on a drug-like fat fix.

They're not all that different than Big Tobacco. Or the drug dealer on the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment