Dec 4, 2011

It's a Miracle! I'm Cured!

Here me out, exercise haters.

Something amazing happened today. I realized that I once had a hip problem. It wasn't huge but it seemed permanent, a product of my ageing body. It got worse over the last few years and was a real problem when I started walking in the early spring.

I hadn't thought about it in a long time but that's because it hasn't been present for...I don't know how long. I honestly don't! I don't think I've had so much as a hint of a hip problem since the spring. It's cured, exercise cured it! And, remarkably to me, I've long forgotten about it.

Sure my overall weight has gone down some but it's the strength I've gained from moving my body that has healed me. There's so much I take for granted these days and I only occasionally remember that just a few shorts months ago, I was very different physically.

I run of the steps in my home instead of avoided them.

I come home from shopping and I'm ready for more, instead of collapsing in pain and exhaustion on my bed.

I look at cold winter days in the eye and I head out there to do things. I look forward to shovelling. And just today I crashed on the toboggan hill for the first time.

I have to work to the my heart rate up where as last year, walking onto my treadmill was a task and I immediately began to sweat profusely. Three small fans weren't enough to keep me cool. Not any more.

Huge, huge progress without even thinking about weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment