Dec 29, 2011

Duck and Cover - Christmas is Hard on Your Diet


Christmas, I learned, is like flying through asteroids on a space ship. There's so many things coming at you from all directions that it's inevitable something's going to hit you.

For me it was Toffifee. My favourite chocolates. A Christmas tradition. Someone ambushed me with them on Christmas Day after an unsatisfying meal and I gobbled them up like like a crazy man.

Another was chocolate fudge at another family gathering.. Hadn't seen that before at a Christmas but I it's so rare that I eat fudge that I had to try some.

Then there's pecan butter tarts. My wife brought those to her family's gathering. We both like them but in hindsight, she should have brought something we DIDN'T like.

For the first Christmas in a long time, my elderly mother did not make her world-famous chocolate pie (to save her some much-needed energy.) I was thankful for that, because there's no will-power strong enough to say no to her chocolate pie. But she mocked me for not liking her strawberry cake and eating that. Fact is, no one had room. She berated me for only liking chocolate but guess why I like chocolate? She fed it to me when I was a newborn to get me to poop.

Oh well, it's over and my exercising didn't take much of a hit so there's hope of continued strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment