Jun 7, 2012

A Rare Connection with Nature.

I'm old. There's not much that makes me pause anymore. I've seen everything. Nothing is new. Time flies by fast because the world has lost its wonder. I wish I was twelve again. I'd like to look at the world for a while again with young eyes.

It's rare when my frantic world comes to a stop and I look at something with wonder. I saw the sun setting tonight, not on TV as I sat on my couch, not on my computer, not through my window, and not from the isolation of my car.

I saw it while riding my bike on a street on the edge of the city. There was nothing between me and it other than a serene wheat field. It's the kind of connection that makes everything pause. You sense that you can hear the event taking place because you're that close, even though there's no real sound. It's musical, maybe. Something evoking magic or heaven.

Moments like that should fill our days but they don't. We sit on couches, in front of TV sets and computers, or stuck in traffic jams anticipating what's next in our day. Suddenly we're old.

I'm glad I've unstuck myself. I'm going to go looking for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment