Feb 15, 2012

An Anniversary of Sorts Today

You could say the journey to better health that I'm on (and writing about in this blog) started one year ago today.  On this day last year, I saw a nutritionist for the first time. The visit didn't meet my expectations. I had been offered the services of my clinic's nutritionist for years but I declined. I had it in my big, pointy head that a nutritionist had to be a Food Nazi. I thought I'd be asked to eat like a "normal," healthy person who doesn't overeat and consumes vegetables for breakfast.

I wish my doctor had filled me in better on what would be involved. I might have gone sooner. That fact is, I didn't even agree to go to a nutritionist. I signed up for the Craving Change class and got forwarded to the nutritionist.

Nutritionists don't expect you to throw everything you know out the window. They nudge you into making small changes--changes that you decide you can achieve. And, by God, they're used to dealing with finicky, stubborn, half-crazy fat people!

No comments:

Post a Comment