Nov 10, 2011

My First Visit to a Chiropractor

I didn't know what to expect when I walked into my first chiropractor appointment that I've ever had. I was surprised at what their profession covers. It seems like just about everything.

For instance, we talked about irritable bowl syndrome, which I occasionally suffer from and diet. He went on about how a lot of people are getting more gluten in their diets from whole grains and that humans never used to until 10,000 years ago when there was the agricultural revolution. He said fossils from before that time show excellent health including no signs of cancer, for example. He even discussed the possible relationship of an anxiety disorder (of which I suffer) and skeletal problems. A person who tenses up constantly has a body that learns to be in an unnatural state.

As it turns out, I'm all messed up. Yes, I had a fall that injured my back two months ago, but my body is all out of whack. My arms don't hang right, I slouch, my shoulders aren't where they're supposed to be, among other things like a lack of flexibility and range of motion. In short, this could be one more thing in the perfect storm that led to me being severely obese.

I've learned to pick up things with my feet because I can't bend over very well. My wife is always amazed by this talent.

3 comments:

  1. It’s been over a year since you posted this. May I ask how you’re doing today? Anyway, muscles and skeletons are connected to several parts of the body, which explains the extent of a chiropractor’s profession. They are required to practice utmost care to protect their patient’s body from harm during sessions. This makes a chiropractor’s job really difficult, and they deserve a lot of respect because of that.

    Abbe Reinap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, chiropractors are such a big help because of their countless unappreciated talent. Chiropractic care isn't only about having good posture and skeletal alignment, but they also do pre-natal care for pregnant women to help them have an easier labor and delivery. The most important thing to do is to check if your chiropractor is licensed because there's a lot of unlicensed chiropractors doing this procedures which may worsen your ailments.

    Gwen Knight

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's difficult to heal chronic diseases, but it's easy to prevent them. With the existing naturopathic medicine like chiropractic treatments, strengthening our immune system is much easier than before. At the same time, it'll balance our hormones and maintain the proper function of our bodies. With natural treatments and discipline, you'll enjoy the benefits of healthy living.

    Kelly @ US HealthWorks Medical Group Seattle (First Ave) Center

    ReplyDelete