Sep 26, 2011

Next Year's Cycling Machine?

I have a three year old girl and a seven year old boy (he turns 8 on Friday.) The boy is already an avid cyclist, as you may have read. And the girl's getting that way too but she can't keep up. We feel bad pulling her in the bike trailer on family bike rides because she can't get any exercise or do more than enjoy the view.

My wife and I are jonzing to buy the above product for a little over one hundred dollars. It's a ride on bike trailer for kids aged 4-9 to ride with you. Here are some of its features:

  • True quick release system for fast detachment from adult bike
  • Adjustable handlebars, up/down and rotation adjustments
  • Child can pedal forward, backward or coast
I found this photo on the Internet
I saw one on the bike path last night, and let me tell you, there was no one we passed all summer who were cycling faster than that family. And the kid must have been only four like my daughter will be next season. I wanted to yell out, "Hey do you like that?" but they were gone in an instant (headed in the opposite direction.)

I can see us using it for at least three years then selling it. If my daughter doesn't have the same abilities as my son does now at age 7, maybe we'll use it longer. Either way it would allow the four of us to do all the biking we wanted.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting one of those, too!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a less expensive version called a Trailgator - basically a bar that hooked onto the front tire of the child's bike. We would flip up the training wheels, hook up the front tire and go. When not in use, the bar just fastened to the side of the adult bike.

    Leslea

    ReplyDelete