Aug 30, 2011

My Children are Watching

My exercise spider.
My chatty seven year old son talks to me frequently about my exercise, diet and weight loss. He's told me a few times that I look smaller and tries to encourage me. He's not the least bit overweight but I find him quoting the nutritional information on food packaging now before HE eats it. It's obvious that what I'm doing is being noticed by my kids.

I didn't think my other child, a three year old girl named Amelia was noticing, but I was wrong. She sees me going to the gym and going for walks/jogs. I'm usually heading out the door for my evening walk when she's getting tucked into bed. Sometimes she blows me a kiss after I've left that is to find me out on the side walk.

One day a few weeks ago she presented me with a paper cutout spider that she made all on her own. She asked then that I take it with me to the gym. She hasn't forgotten. Every time I go for a walk or head to the gym she says, "Don't forget to take my spider with you."

It'd be easy for me to read much more into this than is actually there but I sense that my lifestyle changes are being very much noticed by my kids, in a weighty way.

No comments:

Post a Comment