Jul 6, 2011

A setback, a pause, a chance to come down to earth, a reminder

Today I don't have the energy to get out of bed for very long. I'm sick with something flu-like. The two previous days were filled with fever, aches and exhaustion. Today I'm on the mend but I lack energy, have some aches and pains, a feeling of not being well, and the inability to be active in any significant way. I hate being sick, but I'm feeling no different today really than I did on a typical day four months ago due to my obesity.

Before I got sick I was on Cloud 9, my feet never touching the ground it seemed, having just accomplished two significant bike rides and increasing the length of my walks while beginning to implement very short intervals of jogging (only 30 seconds before my cardiovascular got revving too high.) I couldn't wait for my next exercise session and was looking forward to my first alone workouts at my clinic's gym facility.

It's given me a chance to reflect but it's hard to stop even for a day when you're thriving on your accomplishments.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds eerily similar to the "pink cloud" AAs experience early in sobriety. I've never had this experience, but people going through it are bloody annoying to be around. lmao.

    ReplyDelete