May 24, 2012

It's Summer and I'm on Fire!

The weather is warm and I've more than hit my stride, I've broken into a sprint. It's the cycling that's done it. That and visible progress breeding more progress.

I have significantly less fat on my body than this time last year and small reductions in pounds of fat is becoming more noticeable, unlike before when it was only a drop in the bucket. I've dropped two Xs from my shirt size and it feels good to be progressing toward a more reasonable body size. It makes me want to do more. It makes me get angry at myself for letting my health get as bad as it did. It makes me angry that I was so disabled last year. My anger is translating into fitness gusto.

It'll take this summer and next to get me to a good physical size but I'm ready for the challenge. I plan on riding my bike like a madman all summer. I love it. I love everything about bikes and cycling. I could spend all my money on the sport, just because it is, and has always been so important for my soul.

To go from bedridden and useless to someone who soars down asphalt effortlessly is enough to make me wanting more. Lots, lots more.

Bring it on. I've been waiting a long time for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment